Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Torn ACL part 2!

I know all of you have been looking forward to the sequel of my torn ACL... so here it is. I had my surgery just over 2 weeks ago and boy was I excited for this surgery! (No exaggeration) Because everywhere I went I had the fear of my leg giving out on me. Whether it was going down the stairs, walking in heels, pivoting my foot, just about anything but walking in a straight line would make my knee give out. Not a fun feeling. Ha.. funny story: For my birthday the Capio's, Catherine, Susan and I went to go see a Mets game and Nicholas (5 yrs old) and I went to the concession stand to meet my friends (Cat and Susan) to come sit by us. (Their seats were a couple sections behind us) so Nico and I were just playing up there while we were waiting and my leg gave out on me and I toppled onto poor little Nico. The kid had no idea what was going on. Catherine and Susan thought I tripped over Nicholas but no, my awesome right knee likes to give out on me. Usually in this sort of situation I would get completely embarassed. But luckily for me... I'm not that way anymore ha. One of the security people saw me fall and ran to my rescue! He asked if I was okay and if I wanted a wheel chair. I kindly replied no thanks.. my knee does it all the time. So we all laughed and I limped back down to our seats. Happy Birthday Ashly. Go Mets!

Anyway.. back to surgery. I got my ACL replaced on a Friday so I had the weekend to be a little crazy on painpills and recover somewhat. My mom wouldn't let me go to church that Sunday, which I was totally willing to go to.. but she said Heavenly Father would understand that I couldn't go. When in reality.. we just got a new ward and she didn't want to be embarrased by her crazy daughter that was on crutches and painpills to make her look bad. I mean come on.. she's gotta make a good first impression to the new ward members. But I certainly didn't fight that fight and argue with her. I stayed home and read my scriptures all day. I pick my battles.

I have to be on crutches for 4 weeks after surgery. Little did I know that the pain from an ACL repair would keep me on some pain killers for a couple weeks. So I've been a little crazy the past couple weeks and there are people that can attest to that. Namely: Cole Ferrin, Jana Ferrin, Kristen Rupe, Conrad Rupe, Jenna Hyer, my parents and a few others who have asked me not to share their names. (Not really... I just can't remember who I have talked to and who I haven't in the past 2 weeks) So now my days consist of sleeping in, watching tv, having people wait on me, pushing me in wheelchairs when we go shopping. Yeah.. I'd say I'm living the life. EXCEPT for the fact that I have to hobble to my bed in the dark every night and that Utah decides to re-surface our street so we have to park at the church. So if I want to go anywhere.. I have to crutch to the church across 2700w and look like a fool. So if any of you are driving on there.. please don't hit me, and feel free to give me a ride to me car. Thanks.

Gifts and visitors are still welcome to come visit.

1 comment:

  1. You are a little crazy on pain-pills!! Wish I could see you crutch to get your car. Classic!

    ReplyDelete